THE WEEK THAT CAME WITH FEAR

Thanks to everyone that read the previous post. You guys are AMAZING. How did your week go? Mine went 🤷🏾‍♀️, I would let you guys be the judge of that. 

Ever wondered how you face and conquer fear?

On Sunday, I got to church as usual and they were talking about fear. I was listening attentively not knowing that I would be faced with it so soon. What was I scared of and why was I afraid? The fear of Monday my people. I did not know what to expect, I wasn't excited about resuming. You would think I would love Mondays because I was actually given birth to on a Monday. 

In the early hours of Monday like say 4am-ish, I woke up, read my devotion, and said my prayers and one thing I kept on saying was "I will not be afraid, I will not fear, My God will take care of me and I will serve him" by Pastor E.A Adeboye. Guess what? I was still scared to resume 😩. Let me just let you guys know that I was not resuming physically but virtually. Anyway, it was time for my meeting and we said what we were going to work on and the day began.

At exactly 10:34am, my phone beeped and it was from my office group, my heart kept beating till I opened it and guess what it was? Happy New Year Atinuke 😊, it was from a colleague that was just greeting me and wanted to know how far with what I was working on. I was done with my task and Monday went well but I had till Friday before I can judge how my week went. 

Tuesday was pretty okay until I received an e-mail in the night that we should come to the office the next day 😩. I was not happy because I felt it was impromptu. I was expecting the mail but I did not just think it would come soon. I went to the office unhappy on Wednesday.

I got to the office, I met my boss and we exchanged pleasantries. He said Atinuke come let's chat about your holidays and we chatted for a long time and that chat made me pumped up for the rest of the month. I am sure you can guess how the rest of the week went. 

Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by perceived danger or threat.  I am going to leave you guys with this: 

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 4:6-7.

Comments

  1. Nice one Tinu! Very true, most times what constitutes fear are made up scenarios in our head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere that, "fears are stories we tell ourselves". In the reality of living, they are very much part of us. How we respond
    however, is what tells us apart. Feed your faith and your fears will starve. Well done, T.I. Please keep the ink flowing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...it's really stories we tell ourselves. Thank you dear.

      Delete
  3. Our fears are not real, it's more like a trick to limit one. Awesome write up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so apt Tinuke!. Yes, the devil tries to put in our minds the spirit of fear to hinder us from doing what God already has planned for us. But, for he has not given us that spirit but that of sound mind and that is the consciousness we need to constantly live with!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three personalities are involved in the very art of fear
    Man: for the very thing that I feared has come upon me Job 3:25
    Devil: through the his domain of darkness Col. 1:13
    God: for i will put my fear in them
    Jer. 32:40
    But above all, its natural for human to experience fear ones in a while. Its a pointer to the fact. You are still alive.
    But the power of God conquer fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice read, enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your week wasn't totally bad due to fear. I sometimes have that fear when resuming work too. Good write up dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Facts. We've got to always choose Faith over Fear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts