THE WAITING PERIOD

Hi Guys,

Trust your week went well. Mine was tiring.

Why is it that when we pray, we don't always get answers immediately? It's like God just keeps quiet and doesn't say a word.

In July 2016, I started my application for masters and I wanted to go on a scholarship so I began applying for various scholarships. I even applied for the scholarship through someone that was working in the school I wanted to go to (Not that I wanted to go and study there though 😏). I got an offer from the school to study software development but with no scholarship and this was where it began. I sent series of emails to the lady I applied through but I didn't get any reply, I even forwarded all the mails I sent to the lady to the admissions office but the reply they gave me was a no hope reply. At this point, I became very anxious, I cried, prayed, and all but I didn't hear anything or any answer from God. I lost hope and continued with my life. All of a sudden, I got a mail from the school that I received a scholarship (The scholarship wasn't the full tuition or half. In fact, it was small but it was something). I was so excited and grateful to God because even though it was small, My tuition fee reduced a bit.

Why am I telling you all of these? I am saying all these because we find it difficult to wait on the lord and the waiting period is a time we are supposed to keep praying but sometimes we get tired of waiting and praying. We need to be persistent in prayer despite the difficulties and delays in achieving what we want. God never said it would be easy, but he promised that we would never be alone. Personally, I think the waiting time is usually the period God gives us a test to know if we would pass or fail. 

There are so many of us even after waiting we don't get what we desire and we become sad. Have you ever wondered why God didn't let you have it? Have you ever thought that maybe something terrible would have happened if you got it? If God wants you to have it, you would surely have it, even if it takes a longer time. We just need to hold on to our faith even when it seems pointless. The Lord is not slow about keeping his promises, as some people think he is. In fact, God is patient, because he wants everyone to turn from sin and no one to be lost (2 Peter 3:9)


"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint". Isaiah 40:31


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts