When Silence Pays

What's up, folks?

How are you all doing? As for me, I am stressed, This week was a busy week for me, I had little time to rest but we move ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ.


On a fateful day, I boarded a bus going to CMS, while trying to seat comfortably inside the bus, the conductor started to ask for his money. I told him to hold on that I will pay him once I settle in. He went ahead to ask another passenger for his money and this was the beginning of the story. To my surprise, the passenger asked him where did you pick me from? The conductor responded saying, Oga please pay your money, your money is 200 naira (I can't remember the exact amount). The passenger kept on asking the guy where he picked him from but the conductor did not even respond. This became interesting when another passenger decided to intervene. At this point, I would give the passenger's names. We have Seyi (the passenger that is asking the conductor where he was picked from), Chuzy (another passenger), Victor (also another passenger).

Chuzy intervened and asked Seyi to pay the conductor his money and stop asking him that kind of question. Victor also said the same thing to Seyi. Seyi became angry and started to insult Chuzy (Note: Chuzy looks elderly). Seyi began to say all sorts of things (including the "f" word) even to the extent of including his children. Victor said all that seyi was saying was uncalled for but seyi didn't back down. Seyi later paid the conductor his money and the conductor gave him his change. The next thing seyi did was to point the money at chuzy and he said I can see you need this money more than I do especially with the fact that you are putting on a short, you need to get yourself better clothing. Chuzy responded saying I do not need your money and if you need help, come out clean with people because you look like you need help more. Victor said seyi looks like he had taken alcohol that morning that's why he is behaving that way. Chuzy alighted at his bus stop but seyi still continued to talk.

One thing I learnt is: We do not need to respond to people when they insult us. Let us remind ourselves that sometimes, silence is the best response. When someone insults us, we do not need to respond. If we feel the need to respond, we should respond by blessing them or praying for them.

"Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called us to do and he will grant us his blessing." 1 Peter 3:9



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts