GOD STILL HEALS

Hey folks,

Trust your week went well. Mine was pretty cool.

So I joined clubhouse guys 😁. My sister sent me an invite, and I joined (Thanks to her). At first, I thought it was just a normal random social media app but I was wrong. It's a cool platform and I am learning from it. Clubhouse is an audio-only social media app for sharing constructive conversations between industry professionals, celebrities, and so on. Once you are inside the app, you can contribute to conversations, eavesdrop on others' conversations and also stir up conversations of your own

Do you know people are going through a lot? Despite it, they would still smile and go about their work as if nothing is happening. I am going to be sharing a story I heard in one of the rooms in clubhouse. 

A lady raised up her hand to speak and she said I am angry with God. Why is God selfish? She has been married for a couple of years and she and her husband decided not to have kids until they were ready. After some couple of years, they decided to have kids and they prayed about it and she became pregnant. For her, the pregnancy journey was a very smooth one because she didn't have all of those morning sicknesses and all even though she is sickle cell. She was happy and grateful to God for it. Suddenly, they said she needed a blood transfusion and which they gave her. To cut the long story short, She had a stillbirth. She said the baby was a girl, had long legs, and cute and that the baby had everything she prayed to God about. To crown it all, they dressed the baby in a pretty attire and gave her the baby to carry. While she was telling us the story, I cried and didn't even know what to say, I wasn't the only one who cried, other people in the room cried. The lady said ever since then, she doesn't always feel like praying. Someone tried to encourage her by telling her the story of Job but she didn't want to hear it because a lot of people have told her the same thing. My prayer for her is to let God heal her broken heart.

Now, Is it okay to be angry with God? What do you do when you are angry with God?

It's okay to tell God what you are angry about, have a conversation with him. He wants to hear from you. Tell him exactly how you feel. Be honest with him. We may be angry at God for certain things however most times he didn't give us those things for reasons that are best known to him, he knows our future and knows what is best for us. There are several ways you can lift up your spirit such as listening to worship songs and singing them even if you can't pray or talk to God. I saw this somewhere "Having strong emotions about a situation is understandable, and certain emotions in and of themselves aren’t bad. I think there’s value in honestly confessing to God our feelings of hurt, resentment, and anger. However, we should direct our emotions (including blame) toward the proper object of our sadness, disappointment, and discouragement." One way to fix our anger and hurt is to affirm God's goodness and power. "Romans 8:28 says All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose".

The Bible also tells us that weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning. 

I just want to encourage someone here that "God heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds". Psalm 147:3. 

"I give you peace, the kind of peace only I can give. It isn't like the peace this world can give. so don't be worried or afraid." John 14:27.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts